I thought as a Whovian that we needed a concise guide to what’s occuring in the world of Doctor Who at this stage. With filming beginning on the 20th Febuary, information is already starting to emerge- here is what we know so far…
- Chris Chinball and Toby Whithouse will be writing for the season. “Kind off” confirmed are Mark Gatiss and John Fay.
- Whithouse commented that, at this current stage, his episode is the third and is one of the last episodes of S7.
- Amy and Rory will be leaving Doctor Who this year- Moffat has teased we will feel like we are in trouble in the “heart breaking” episode.
- In a video pre-recorded for the Australian Doctor Who Concert, Moffat commented this on the new companion: “There will be shocks, surprises and heartbreak – the Doctor is about to say goodbye to his very best friends, Amy and Rory. And then he’s about to say hello to someone very different – the Doctor is going to meet someone very new in the very last place he could ever have expected…”
- Rehearsals begin next Monday for Matt Smith.
More news as we get it!